Saturday, June 9, 2007

Bride: Progress

Well, things have been moving along! I did contact my florist as promised, and she responded with lots of helpful ideas and suggestions. I love email savvy vendors, especially since I'm long-distance.

I went to my fabulous local printing place, and the very nice man who owns the shop used the superfancy digital cutting machine to take off .125 inch from the horizontal and vertical sides of my invite cards so they'll look better on the invite mats. I have no idea why I waited so long to do that. I also tried out the spray adhesive I had bought....not impressed, Krylon spray adhesive, not impressed at all! I'm going to try glue dots and double sided tape next. ::sigh::

And...I got started on embossing our return address on the invitation envelopes. This is going more slowly than I expected because I only can do 4-5 at a time before my hand hurts from pressing so hard. FI actually did a couple and was helpful, but I know if I leave it up to him it won't get done.

Speaking of which, I delegated tasks to him and told him I would not be checking up on him. He has to: 1. make our hotel reservation for the wedding night, 2. ship some wine to my parents, and 3. order my wedding ring. He doesn't like my choice, but tough--I'm going to be the one wearing it!

Projects for this week: I need to get on ordering his ring, call my reception coordinator, finish embossing the envelopes, address the RSVP envelopes, and find some adhesive that will WORK for the invitations. Oh yeah, and do some work for something that rhymes with "arrrrrh."

1 comment:

Still a Miss. said...

That is so funny I give my groom tasks of the week too. Good luck on finishing your invites. That was my biggest task. I for some reason didnt think they would take as long as they did. Oh well you live and learn!