Friday, June 1, 2007

Bar: This is Depressing

Yesterday and today were Torts Days. I felt really good about Torts going in, and the lecturer (who was absolutely hysterical) was only reassuring. I wasn't confused and I had read the Conviser. All is well. And then. Dude, I am getting like 1/3 of the questions right. So much for the "This is all you need to know!" bluffing from the lecturer--such BS.

I would also like to note that the Bar/Bri questions are often really, really badly written. I used to teach LSAT prep for Kaplan (also owned by Bar/Bri, ha), and I could always tell "fake" questions from real, actual LSAT questions. I can tell from a mile away that these are fake questions. While standardized tests are not known for their clarity, there is no way the real MBE questions can be this bad. Just no way. I refuse to believe it. There's contradictory messages and facts assumed in some places that are not to be assumed in others, with no apparent distinction.

All this adds up to me quickly losing faith with Bar/Bri--the lectures are barely helpful and only seem to give me false confidence. And I don't trust the questions. I know it's not Bar/Bri's fault if the MBE hasn't released enough questions, but I wish we were only practicing with real questions.

No comments: