Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bar: Moles and Mr. Case

Today was our Barbri Agency and Partnership lecture with Prof. Kaufman from Loyola Chicago. He was, in a word, crazy. In a totally awesome way. He made funny sounds, waved his arms like he was trying to fly away, and used weird inflections. Totally crazy, and totally memorable. Oh, how I wish he had taught Evidence!

This got me to thinking about another teacher I had who used weird sounds as a teaching technique. My tenth grade chemistry teacher always said BEEP before saying how many atoms are in a mole. I can still hear him: "BEEP 6.02 x 10 to the 23." Every single time. "BEEP!" And there you see it--I still remember how many atoms are in a mole. Chemistry was...wow, ten years ago, and it's still as sharp in my memory as ever.

Hopefully in five weeks--wow, five weeks--disGORGEment will be as clear!

2 comments:

Law Daze said...

Bar reader here. Intial thought: 'oh geez, chairs??' Maroon chairs: 'yeah, yeah, yeah. big deal. The chair you picked: 'damn, that's a really nice chair! yes, it does absolutely sparkle with wedding happiness!' Note to self: 'self, what are you doing admiring someone else's friggin' wedding CHAIRS!? You've got MBE's to do!'

Bar/Bride said...

Oh, the MBEs call to me too. They say, "BarBride, wedding planning is not an MBE topic!" I keep hoping it'll come up on an essay or PT (there's TONS of contracts opportunities) but I have a feeling that's wishful thinking.