Friday, June 22, 2007

Bar: ExamSoft

I hate ExamSoft. I don't think that's a unique sentiment. We had to use ExamSoft for our in-class exams during my first three semesters of law school (after that we thankfully switched to just being able to type in Word). I never had a problem with it, but I certainly saw enough people who did. It causes major instability on lots of operating systems, it's incompatible with Macs entirely, and it's generally just a big pain in the ass. I think it was Honigsberg who shared with us that it was invented by someone from Hastings. ::sigh::

The State Bar has been sending weekly letters begging me to register my laptop for ExamSoft. The letters were getting pretty desperate--the deadline isn't until July 2, geez. But today, I just took a break to register FI's laptop for ExamSoft. FI's laptop is also a Dell Latitude, but his has been used a lot less than mine. Plus, my power cord also works on his (but his doesn't work on mine, for some reason), so now I have two working power cords. The rules say we can't register two laptops/have a back-up laptop, but I can't see that they'd prohibit bringing two power cords.

It was kind of scary seeing those files download--PT-A, PT-B, Questions 1-3, Questions 4-6. Those are the files, baby!

Now to protect FI's laptop from getting breathed on too heavily....

No comments: