Friday, June 22, 2007

Bar: Barbri Lies

Okay, one more example of the ???? I'm experiencing as I read the explanations to the (too many) questions I got wrong from yesterday's simulated MBE:

#149: the ROFR specifically limits it to "any proposed sale or transfer of ownership by me." "Me" meaning Howard or Marty. The facts state that it is Charlene the daughter who is transferring the property. Charlene is not Howard or Marty, so the ROFR isn't supposed to apply to her, right? Even the explanation says "the right would not exist if a transfer were proposed by the heirs or successors of the grantor." Charlene is an heir or successor--how does it then follow that Howard wins when he has no rights against Charlene.

I hate this. But yes, it is the experience, and I can successfully sit and do 100 questions in a row without dying, so that's good to know.

No comments: