Friday, June 22, 2007

Bar: ExamSoft--Hellooooo?

After my delightful trip to the ExamSoft website and subsequent downloading, I awaited the six (yes, six!) emails from ExamSoft telling me that everything had gone as planned. What would those six separate emails do?
Why they would:
  • confirm my ExamSoft download
  • confirm my download of Exam Docs 1-4 (that would be four emails)
  • confirm my download of the MockExam
Where could these emails be? Stuck in my spam folder? No....not there! So I called ExamSoft's help line, and after navigating the "press 2 for ..." "press 3 for..." menus and being on hold for ten minutes, I got to speak to a Real Person. Real Person said that ExamSoft's emails reach gmail accounts vvveeerrryyy slowly, but that everything had gone as planned. He gave me the instructions for taking and uploading the Mock Exam, which I completed. A seventh email would arrive to confirm that the Mock Exam had been uploaded successfully.

Four hours later--still none of the seven (seven!!) emails have arrived.
This is annoying, but at least I'm fairly confident that everything is fine. Even if it didn't, I still have over a week to get in touch with ExamSoft and the State Bar people to fix things if it didn't proceed smoothly. Note to others who have been ignoring those frantic letters from the Bar about downloading ExamSoft--don't freak out if you don't get the confirming emails, especially if you use Gmail.

I'll post when (hopefully not if!!) my emails arrive. Did anyone else have this issue??

No comments: