Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bride: Bridesmaid Dresses Shipped!

Yay! I received the emails with the shipping confirmation and UPS tracking numbers from Netbride today. I had placed the order the last week of March, and our guarantee date was July 9. My BMs and I are now happily tracking the progress as the dresses make their way all over the country. I am so sad that I'm not going to be able to see any of the dresses in person until August. Three of my BMs are on the East Coast (none in the same state, of course) and one is in the Midwest. I have begged them to take pictures of themselves in the dresses as soon as the dress arrives. I need some sort of visual satisfaction!
Each of my BMs has a different dress--we picked two styles and two colors, so that yields four permutations (or is it combination? I can never keep those two straight.).
We chose Bill Levkoff 301 and 271 (301 is on the left).
The colors are European Taupe and European Sable. The taupe is the color of the dress in 301 (the sash is called European Champagne). The sable is a darker chocolate color.
I've asked them to get the dresses hemmed to just below the knee/top of the rounding of the calf. I think true tea-length tends to make people look stumpy, which is just not the look we're going for, if you can imagine.

I know somewhere there's a fabulous picture of a group of bridesmaids in brown and taupe and champagne dresses, but for the life of me I can't find it right now--google image search and The Knot messageboards have failed me for the first time in recent memory. :(
The quotes for the dresses from various bridal salons ranged from $180-$210. Netbride: $124 for 301; $103 for 271. Even with the $20 shipping per address...quite the deal!
Now it's up to UPS....

No comments: