Monday, June 4, 2007

Bar: Double the Fun

Today began my three days of double BarBri lectures. I need to make up the Real Property ones with the video class at night in addition to keeping up with my regular class in the morning.
So far, I would not describe it as being double the fun.

I read something about the Doublemint Twins once--apparently they got fired when one of them got married or pregnant (I refuse to apply Con Law to this fact pattern), and the head of Wrigley's refused to give them gum. They said that they had to buy lots and lots of gum to carry around with them because whenever they'd go anywhere, people on the street would stop and ask them for gum. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a Doublemint commercial in awhile. Lately the gum commercial world seems to only show that one where the woman says, "Dirty mouth? Clean it up!" for Orbitz (I refuse to apply IP to the Orbitz gum/travel website fact pattern). I hate that commercial.

I think I'm going to start trying to win an eBay auction for the PMBR workbooks. I just want an alternative to the fake BarBri questions. I now know that Kaplan does not own BarBri, but I can still tell the fake questions and I don't like it. I also love how you can tell that different people wrote the questions b/c there is a wide range of difficulty even within a section, and a very wide range in the amount of explanation for the answer. Some of the explanations will go on for a page, and others are three lines long and basically say, "A, B, and C are wrong because they are irrelevant and stupid. D is right because it is the best choice." Thanks, that was helpful.

Today we had to hand in our first essay to be graded by the BarBri attorneys. Apparently the graders are typically 25-35 year old associates. Yeah, I definitely would want to do that after billing 10 hours--go home and read bar essays. I hope I did okay--I don't think there's any way anyone could have covered all the issues in the detail given in the sample answer--that's why it's a sample answer, right? We find out in 5-7 business days. Like waiting for shipping!

No comments: